Hi, I’m Kelly and I’m a long distance cyclist, endurance runner and yoga teacher currently based in Bristol, UK. I plan to add lots of yoga for cyclists sequences, stretches and resources to help prepare your body for a cycle tour, prevent injury whilst on tour, and help recovery after a tour (or even just a long day in the saddle).
Though I’ll be specifically designing these resources with cycle tourists in mind, they will also benefit anyone who rides a bike, no matter the experience or distance.
I was a cyclist long before I became a yoga teacher, and I’ve definitely had my fair share of cycle-related injuries, pains and sores. I’ve used yoga to help prepare my body for the increased mileage during a cycle tour, as well as on a cycle tour to help with recovery and after a tour, to help increase range of motion.
Yoga has really helped bring balance to my life – as you’ve probably guessed, I’m quite an active person and I find it hard to stay still. Yoga helps me to stay grounded and gives me focus.
It also helps me physically – from long distance running and cycling I have quite tight hamstrings, hip flexors, hip rotators and calves. Tightness in these areas can really start to impact on the lower back, creating lower back pain, and can impact on the alignment of the pelvis and hips. Yoga helps to lengthen these tight muscles, reducing the impact in the lower back region.
I’ll be posting different stretches, yoga classes and resources for cyclists every fortnight.
In addition to the yoga for cyclist resources I’ll be adding a new yoga class on my YouTube channel every Wednesday – so please subscribe to my channel if you want to keep in the loop!
New to yoga? Want some help getting started? Check out some of the beginner yoga resources I have available on my website, Yoga with Kelly.
Before attempting any classes please take a minute to read through the ‘Yoga with Kelly’ disclaimer.
Free Yoga for Cyclist Course
To get you started, I’ve created a FREE Yoga for Cyclist course.
The course includes:
- The benefits of yoga for cyclists
- A full length yoga for cyclist class
- A post ride sequence
- 4 stretches that can help improve your cycling and why.
- Downloadable classes, lectures and PDFs, so even if you’re on the move (maybe on your future cycle tour) you’ll be able to access these classes – anytime, anywhere.
If you would like to sign up for this free course, you can do so here. You’ll then receive a link to the course.
I’ll also be creating a specific ‘Prepare and protect your body while on your cycle tour’ Course – think of it as a Cycle Touring Training Plan. This course will equip you will all the tools and resources to help speed up recovery, reduce the risk of injury and improve your performance.
I’m creating this course to help prepare cyclists for their trip so they can have the best possible experience while on the road. So if there is anything you would like to see in this course – please let me know. And watch this space!
- 230 hour Yoga Teachers Training & Hot Yoga teachers training
- 30 hour Yin Yoga Teachers Training
- 40 hour Yoga Nidra Training
- Yoga Anatomy Continuing Education
- Workshop on teaching Chair Yoga
- Indian Head Massage certificate
- Leadership in Running certificate
- First Aid at work qualification
- Mental Health first aid qualification
- Over 20,000km of cycle touring experience 🙂