What are Eco Discoveries?
One day we want to own a cycle-friendly, eco-guesthouse or hostel. We appreciate the need to be sustainable and want to make our hostel, as eco-friendly as possible. What better way to research and collect ideas for our future endeavour, than making eco discoveries through visiting established and aspiring eco-friendly businesses, buildings and organisations all over the world? We hope to learn how these businesses have achieved their dreams, what obstacles they’ve had to overcome, and what tips they have for ‘newbies’.
Already, we have been inspired to take a page from Patagonia’s book. To own a business that will cause no unnecessary harm, and be used to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis. This is apart of Patagonia’s mission statement, and something we want to take onboard. This is an example of an eco discovery – a lesson we have learnt from a green business during our cycle trip.
During our cycle trips, we plan to visit and learn as much as we can from different green businesses. The plan is to add our eco discoveries to this site during our travels. This will include information about what we’ve learnt, eco-friendly ideas, environmental issues that we encounter along the way, and anything else that we think might be helpful or inspirational.
How you can get involved
Get in touch, if you know of, or are the owner of a green business that might be interested in helping with our eco discoveries.
Some examples of the business we would love to hear from, include:
- Eco-lodges, eco-guesthouses or eco-hostels.
- Sustainable kitchens.
- Ecotourism attractions.
- Tour companies.
- Businesses that have implemented green/ sustainable building practices.
- Organic Farms.
If your eco-business doesn’t fall into one of these categories, don’t worry, we would still love to hear all about it.
Why get in touch?
- This is a great opportunity for the green business to gain some free local as well as global advertising.
- Exposure on our social media sites.
- Exposure on our website, in the form of reviews, interview posts and blog posts. Check out an article we’ve written for the Greenhouse restaurant, and Durgas Den.
- You will be helping others (and us), learn to build their very own ‘green’ business, which of course, is a great way to increase sustainability, awareness and the green movement.